Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Free Samples and Junk Mail

I am a big fan of free samples!! I love to try new things. I have a basket in my bathroom where I keep them all. It is full of things like soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash, and medicines. It is very handy to have around when we have guests or when we are heading out on vacation. My friends have even been known to go dig around in it to see if there's anything new that they want to try!! It's nice to get some of the fancier items and be able to share them with my friends. These are only a few of the reasons that I like having the samples around.

Another good thing about samples is that they almost always come with coupons--very good coupons. It seems as though the coupons that come with your samples are of a higher value than the ones that come in the Sunday paper. I have been able to get very good deals with these coupons in the past.

One thing that seems to keep people from signing up for these goodies is the amount of junk email that they will get. There's no point in telling you you won't get junk email. You will! These companies are trying to get you interested in their products, and one of the ways they do this is by sending you "updates" or "special offers" via email.

So, what do you do to avoid this problem? What I did to combat this problem was get a separate email that is just for signing up for samples and coupons. You can get free email accounts from gmail or Yahoo (I'm sure that there are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind). My husband simply set up a sub-account on our regular email account. Now I use that email address every time I have to sign up somewhere. Now I don't get these "special offers" taking up my inbox. It has worked really well for me.

Give it a try and start collecting your samples!! You'll be glad that you did!

3 comments:

  1. Ha I am not alone!! I have separate email addresses for EVERYTHING! When I started couponing I got an email for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love digging in your samples basket! Its like Christmas all over again :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too, Laura. However, I'm happy that you guys finally have your special home out there. I'm truly glad for you!!

    ReplyDelete