Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CVS Trip, August 16, 2010 and a chance to GIVE!

New to CVS? Go here to read How To Do CVS.

This trip was rewarding in more ways than one. There were excellent deals due to lots of 75% off clearance stickers, but the best part was running into a man outside of the store who asked for something to eat. We stopped and got him something to eat, but I was also able to give him a large sack of stuff just from my shopping on this night. He left with dinner, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razor, laundry soap, M&Ms, cookies, and 3 RRs that were going to expire this week!!

I'll say it again...the best thing that you can do with all of your stockpiles is GIVE GIVE GIVE!! I love that the Lord has blessed me with an ability that allows me to help others! I am so thankful!

So, here's what I got (For the picture, I added items from my stockpile so that you could see what all was purchased even though a lot of it had been given away):



  • 2 Listerene Total Care mouthwashes (clearanced to $1.24)
  • 2 Listerene Citrus mouthwash (clearanced to $1.24) (missing from picture)
  • 2 Act mouthwashes (clearanced to $1.32
  • 1 bottle of Dawn
  • 4 Right Guard deodorants
  • 1 Gillette Fusion razor
  • 1 Oral-B child's toothbrush
  • 2 Oral-B toothbrushes (all toothbrushes were supposed to be clearanced to .74, but rang up $1.49. I will take them back to have the price adjusted.)
  • 1 Glide Floss (missing from picture)
  • 1 Purex 3-in-1 Laundry soap (missing from picture)
  • 2 Reinventing Beauty magazines (Thanks to Destiny F. for telling me where to find this elusive magazine!)

Coupons used:

  • (2) $1/1 Listerine Total Care
  • (2) $1/1 Listerine mouthwash
  • (l2) $1/1 Act mouthwash
  • (1) $1/1 Dawn
  • (2) B1G1 FREE Right Guard deodorant
  • (2) $1/1 Right Guard deodorant (blinkies)
  • (1) B1G1 Free Oral-B toothbrushes
  • (2) .50/1 Oral-B toothbrush
  • (1) $4/1 Gillette Fusion razor
  • (1) $3/1 Purex 3-in-1 laundry soap
  • (1) $1/1 Glide Floss

Regular Price: $80.34
I paid OOP: $1.90
Reveived: $2 ECBs

Next week when I go to CVS, I will bring my receipt and get the $2.25 back for the toothbrushes.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Giving is always great!


    I would like to invite you to link up your savings at my Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free. It’s a great place to share your savings and meet other frugalistas, who are loving the savings game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic. Isn't it great to pay forward our great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Thank you for caring for others.

    ReplyDelete