Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Walgreens Trip, August 3, 2010

We leave for vacation tomorrow, and I've been packing and packing! Since our vacation was sort of an impromptu sort of thing, my shopping was done in a hurry.

And now for today's shopping trip....

Here's what I got:
  • 4 packages of Pampers
  • 3 tubs of Pampers wipes
  • 1 Complete Multi-Purpose solution
  • 1 Benadryl (48 count)
  • 1 Alive! Vitamins for Women
  • 1 Crayola Crayons
  • 1 10-count package pencils
  • 3 Ultra Air Plus Moisturizing Socks (from my raincheck)
  • 3 3-pack Blistex Smoothie Lip Balm (from my raincheck)

Coupons used:
  • (2) 15% off your entire purchase printable
  • (4) $1.50/1 Pampers Wipes
  • (3) Free Wipes wyb Pampers
  • (1) $1/1 Complete Solution
  • (1) $1/1 Benadryl COMBINED WITH the $3/1 Benadryl in-ad coupon COMBINED WITH the $3/1 Benadryl in the Walgreens August Savings booklet. (yes, this is allowed. You can stack all 3 coupons!! Awesome!)
  • (1) $1/1 Alive vitamins printable

I have to admit that this was a stressful and confusing trip. Coupon shopping isn't always easy. Today I was in a rush to get things done so that I could get home and get the packing finished up. The words hurry and couponing don't go well together!

I started with ZERO RRs. I did this in 2 transactions.

Transaction 1:
  • Alive Vitamins
  • Complete Solution
  • 3 socks
  • 3 Blistex lip balms

Used:
  • 15% off entire purchase coupon
  • $1/1 Alive vitamins coupon
  • $1/1 Complete Solution coupon
  • 1 Raincheck for the socks (limit 3). Since they were free after RR, the manager writes the rainchecks for free items and puts a limit. He then simply enters a zero when you check out. That simple)
  • 1 Raincheck for the Blistex Lip balm

Paid: $13.77 OOP
Received: $18 RR ($10 RR and $8 RR) I MADE $4.23!!

Transaction 2:
  • 4 Pampers diapers (since I used the 15% coupon, I had to buy 4 diapers to push me over the $25 that you had to have to get the $5 RR)
  • 3 Pampers wipes
  • 1 Benadryl
  • 1 pack pencils
  • 1 package Crayola Crayons

Coupons used:
  • (2) 15% off your entire purchase printable
  • (4) $1.50/1 Pampers Wipes
  • (3) Free Wipes wyb Pampers
  • (1) $1/1 Benadryl COMBINED WITH the $3/1 Benadryl in-ad coupon COMBINED WITH the $3/1 Benadryl in the Walgreens August Savings booklet.
Paid with: $18 RR and $8.20 OOP
Received: $6 RR ($5 RR and $1 RR)

Regular price: $106.76
I paid: $21.97
I received: $6 RR

That is a great deal!! The diapers alone would cost $38.93!!!



This evening Benjamin told me that he'd really like to "take some nice close pictures of stuff and be a photographer for" my blog. Here are his masterpieces....



1 comment: