Friday, July 16, 2010

What do you do with all of that overage? 7-16-2010


You buy household necessities that you don't usually get for free!

I am a bit crazy when it comes to toilet paper. I cannot stand the thought of running out of toilet paper. I know it's weird, but we'll just add that to my ever-expanding list. I can honestly say that we have never run out of toilet paper in my house.

Okay, enough of that rabbit trail. This week CVS was supposed to have Cottonelle B1G1 Free. However, they ran out. Apparently ALL CVSs ran out, so they substituted Scott instead. We are brand loyal to our toilet paper, and we were running low (read 6 rolls), so I decided to buy during this sale.

The sale is Buy One 12 roll Scott toilet paper @ $11.99, get one free. I know that I can get 24 rolls at Wal-Mart for $16.50, so this was a great deal:

  • Bought 2 packages Scott Toilet Paper
  • 1 Milky Way Caramel candy bar
  • Used the .50/1 Milky Way coupon that printed out of the CVS machine today. (gave the candy bar to the pleasantly surprised cashier)
  • Paid with $11 ECBs and $1.50 OOP!
Regular price: $18.82 I paid: $1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment